Tuesday Apr 08 07:30 PM
Wednesday Apr 16 07:30 PM
Thursday Apr 17 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Jose Antonio Vargas and Ann Lupo. 2013. USA. 90 mins. English, Spanish, Filipino with English subtitles.
In 2011, Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas outed himself as an undocumented immigrant in an essay published in the New York Times Magazine.
Documented chronicles his journey to America from the Philippines at age 12; his journey through America as an immigration reform activist; and his journey inward as he reconnects with his mother, whom he hasn’t seen in person in more than 20 years. This inspiring film confronts a critical issue that could not be more timely.
Winner: Audience Award, AFI Docs Film Festival; Audience Award for Best Documentary, Hawaii International Film Festival
Watch the trailer.
- Lo and Behold: Reveries of t…
- Miss Hokusai (百日紅)
- Setoutsumi (セトウツミ)
- Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eig…
- Tekkonkinkreet (鉄コン筋クリート)
- Ran (乱)
- Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto (宮本武蔵)
- Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji…
- Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu …
- Family Film Sunday: NYICFF B…
- Sweet Bean (あん)
- Our Little Sister (海街 Diary)
- Millennium Actress (千年女優)
- Tokyo Godfathers (東京ゴッドファーザーズ)
- Paprika (パプリカ)
- Soaring HI: Celebrating the …
- Pokémon Double Feature
- You’ve Been Trumped
- I Am JFK Jr. – A Tribute to …
- The Candidate