Beautiful Music + Joe’s Violin
Thursday Mar 16 07:30 PM
Sunday Mar 19 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Part of the Honolulu Jewish Film Festival 2017
Two short documentaries bring music to unexpected communities.
The films will be introduced by George Hudes.
Directed by Richard Trank. USA. 2005. 38 min.
Beautiful Music is the true story of Devorah Schramm, an American-born Orthodox Jewish pianist and composer who teaches piano to a nine-year-old blind and severely autistic Palestinian girl in the worst days of the Intifada.
Directed by Kahane Cooperman. USA. 2016. 24 min.
In this Oscar-nominated short, 91-year-old Holocaust survivor Joe Feingold donates his violin to an instrument drive, changing the life of 12-year-old Bronx student Brianna Perez—and his own.
- Mr. Gaga
- I, Claude Monet
- Donnie Darko • 15th Anniversary
- Cézanne and I (Cézanne et moi)
- The African Doctor (Bienvenu…
- Arctic Heart (Le Secret des …
- He Even Has Your Eyes (Il a …
- After Love (L'économie du couple)
- At Eye Level
- Eva Hesse
- Fukushima, mon Amour
- Scrappin’ | Schrotten!
- Silicon Valley Revolution
- Center of My World
- Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe
- Slack Bay (Ma Loute)
- The Death of Louis XIV (La M…
- The 400 Blows (Les quatre ce…
- Maurizio Cattelan: Be Right Back
- Fantastic Planet (La Planète…
- Family Film Sunday: The Litt…
- My Life as a Zucchini (Ma vi…
- Young French Cinema Shorts 2017
- Like Crazy (La pazza gioia)
- Tomorrow (Demain)
- Toni Erdmann
- I, Olga Hepnarová (Já, Olga …
- Fire at Sea (Fuocoammare)
- Ashes and Diamonds (Popiół i…
- Afterimage (Powidoki)
- The Red Turtle (La tortue rouge)