Thursday Jul 27 01:00 PM
Saturday Jul 29 04:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of the Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2017
Directed by Tombottom. France / Morocco. 2016. 52 min. French with English subtitles.
Set in Morocco, Second Souffle follow six surfers as they discover more about the country and themselves through surf. Edouard Delpero and Vincent Duvignac look for a chance to recharge and renew between competitions. Moroccan surfers Youssef Drouich and Selim Barkat are looking to use surfing as a way to modernize their country. Adrien Valéro and Heremoana Luciani are French surfers looking for a foothold in Morocco’s hidden beaches.
Journey to the End of the Night
Directed by Patrick Trefz. USA/France. 2017. 10 min.
Filmmaker Patrick Trefz (Surfers' Blood) presents a new short shot on 16mm in Paris. Bet you’ve never seen a surf film that references Céline’s seminal novel before.
- Distance Between Dreams
- Surfers' Blood
- Indo Past and Present
- Adventures Beyond
- Great Highway
- The Aloha Project + Fishpeople
- Second Souffle
- The Endless Summer
- Vertical Lines + Alternative…
- Going Surfin’
- The Battleship Island
- 2017 Sundance Film Festival …
- Marie Curie: The Courage of …
- Behind the Curtain: Todrick Hall
- Seventeen (Siebzehn)
- Handsome Devil
- Gay Shorts Showcase I
- Apricot Groves
- Summertime (L'estate Addosso)
- The Nest (O Ninho)
- Lesbian Shorts Showcase
- "Secret Movie"
- Gay Shorts Showcase II
- Heartstone (Hjartasteinn)
- I Dream in Another Language …
- God's Own Country
- Whose Streets?
- The Death & Life of Marsha P…
- A Date for Mad Mary
- When We Rise
- Family Film Sunday: Longing …
- Michelangelo: Love and Death
- Restless Creature: Wendy Whelan
- Chasing Ice
- Chasing Coral