Vertical Lines + Alternative Surf Craft
Friday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Tuesday Aug 01 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of the Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2017
This program profiles California surfers and their craft.
Directed by Perry Gershkow and Kyle Buthman. USA. 2016. 38 min.
From the frigid waters of Ocean Beach, San Francisco, to the rocky coastline of San Luis Obispo County, this film takes you on a journey throughout the 2015-2016 El Niño. Featuring Nat Young, Nate Tyler, Austin Smith-Ford, Noah Wegrich and Nic Hdez.
Alternative Surf Craft
Directed by Josh Pomer. USA. 2016. 36 min.
Alternative Surf Craft profiles surfers on the edge of the sport. These surfers carve their own path riding unique and alternative surf craft. Featuring Tom Curren, Dane Reynolds, Joel Tudor, Beau Young and Trevor Gordon.
- Distance Between Dreams
- Surfers' Blood
- Indo Past and Present
- Adventures Beyond
- Great Highway
- The Aloha Project + Fishpeople
- Second Souffle
- The Endless Summer
- Vertical Lines + Alternative…
- Going Surfin’
- The Battleship Island
- 2017 Sundance Film Festival …
- Marie Curie: The Courage of …
- Behind the Curtain: Todrick Hall
- Seventeen (Siebzehn)
- Handsome Devil
- Gay Shorts Showcase I
- Apricot Groves
- Summertime (L'estate Addosso)
- The Nest (O Ninho)
- Lesbian Shorts Showcase
- "Secret Movie"
- Gay Shorts Showcase II
- Heartstone (Hjartasteinn)
- I Dream in Another Language …
- God's Own Country
- Whose Streets?
- The Death & Life of Marsha P…
- A Date for Mad Mary
- When We Rise
- Family Film Sunday: Longing …
- Michelangelo: Love and Death
- Restless Creature: Wendy Whelan
- Chasing Ice
- Chasing Coral