Blue Intensity + The Church of the Open Sky
Sunday Jul 08 07:00 PM
Tuesday Jul 10 01:00 PM
Friday Jul 13 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2018.
These two films give audiences a taste of what it’s like to surf in beautifully blue warm waters around the world.
Directed by George Trimm. 2017. USA. 14 min.
This new short by George Trimm features lives up to its name by featuring stunning water cinematography and surfing by Dane Gudauskas, Nathan Fletcher, and others.
The Church of the Open Sky
Directed by Nathan Oldfield. 2017. Australia. 54 min.
The Church of the Open Sky is a visual love poem that explores gratefully lived surfing journeys. Shot on location in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and Sri Lanka, the film features Dave Rastovich, Lauren Lindsey Hill, Tom Wegener, Belinda Baggs, CJ Nelson, Alex Knost, Johnny Abegg, Neal Purchase Jr, Jasson Salisbury, Devon Howard and many other surfers. The film is an inspired and endearing representation of the surfing experience, where all participants are worthy and welcomed—to learn, play, and grow together—in inclusive, sacred playgrounds beneath The Church of the Open Sky.
Sunday, July 8 at 7pm: Don't miss your chance to see Blue Intensity with live musical accompaniment by the film's director, George Trimm.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Thank You Mother
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…