Friday Jul 13 01:00 PM
Tuesday Jul 17 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2018.
Directed by Mario Hainzl. 2017. Germany. 110 min. English, German, French, and Arabic with English subtitles.
From the makers of The Old, the Young & the Sea—A documentary about surfing in Europe.
Africa, Europe—Europe and Africa: Surfers live differently on each continent and Africa marks a special place—as surfing is in many places at its very beginnings. Beyond—An African Surf Documentary follows locals along the coast of Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Senegal, and Gambia into their homes, visits their home surf spots and takes a look into their surfing lives. Three months of shooting culminated in a 110 minute odyssey on a continent that has the potential to be the next big thing in surfing.
- Cat Video Film Festival 2019
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…