Wednesday Sep 26 07:30 PM
Doris Duke theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Kavin Kerslake. USA. 2018. 95 min.
Joan Jett is so much more than “I Love Rock ’n’ Roll.” It’s true, she became mega-famous from the number-one hit. But that staple of popularity can’t properly define a musician. Jett put in her hard work long before the fame, ripping it up onstage as the backbone of hard-rock legends The Runaways and influencing many musicians—both her cohort of punk rockers and future generations—with her no-bullshit style. In interviews laced with amazing archival footage, Jett and her close friends spill how it really was in the burgeoning ’70s punk scene. The theme is clear: even though people tried to define Jett by her one hit, she never compromised. She will kick your ass, and you’ll love her all the more for it.
Featuring: Joan Jett, songwriter/producer Kenny Laguna, as well as a venerable list of icons of music, entertainment, and beyond—including Billie Joe Armstrong, Miley Cyrus, Debbie Harry, Nikki Haley, Iggy Pop, Kristen Stewart, Pete Townhsend, and many more.
Read The Rolling Stone review.
- Cat Video Film Festival 2019
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…