3 Days in Quiberon
Monday Jan 21 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Part of the 5th Berlin & Beyond Film Festival Honolulu.
Directed by Emily Atef. 2018. Germany. 115 min. German with English subtitles. Hawaiʻi Premiere.
One year before her death, Romy Schneider, the biggest female star of her time in Europe, retreats to a spa hotel in the town of Quiberon, Brittany. She is visited by her close friend Hilde, who has come to offer the support she needs to fight her own demons. But it is more than just the reunion of two old friends. When two journalists from the Stern arrive to conduct an interview, Hilde tries to shield her friend from their invasive interrogation tactics. For three days and nights, the interaction between the quartet ranges from sensitivity to brutal manipulation, an emotional roller coaster ride, by the end of which Romy seems more vulnerable than ever. Yet perhaps she has rediscovered her zest for life and the inner strength to carry on.
Price: $9-$12. Click the link above for tickets and pricing options.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Thank You Mother
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…