Women of Wonders Showcase #4
Sunday Mar 17 07:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of the Women of Wonders Film Festival 2019.
directed by Kristle Backe (10 min)
A young woman reflects on how her parents’ divorce and her unstable upbringing affect the way she approaches relationships as an adult.
directed by Zoe Eisenberg and Philips Payson (87 min)
A year after the sudden death of her fiancé, Los Angeles litigator Jane is stuck, unable to let go and move forward. Searching for clarity and closure, she makes a spontaneous trip to the Big Island of Hawai‘i to visit an active volcano. Upon arrival, Jane enlists the help of Dusty and Po, two locals pretending to run an adventure tour company. As the trio drive across the island en route to the volcano, an unexpectedly dark detour takes them in a new direction, ultimately exploring love, loss, and the difficulties of embracing change.
Presented in collaboration with Hawai‘i Women in Filmmaking.
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF Family Film Sunday: Mad…
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…
- Art & Mind
- August at Akiko's
- Taranta on the Road
- The Final Adventure of Kaktus Kid
- Iyengar: The Man, Yoga, and …
- I Still Hide to Smoke
- Walking on Water
- The Venerable W. (Le vénérable W.)
- MUG (Twarz)
- Murer: An Anatomy of a Trial