Last Saturday Roots in Jazz: Colin Stetson + Jim Seeley Trio
Saturday Jun 29 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $40.00
General Admission: $45.00
About the Performance:
Saxophonist Colin Stetson’s music reaches beyond genre and defies classification. Bridging the gaps between jazz, experimental music, indie pop and electronica, his unique sound has earned him collaborations with such varied artists as Anthony Braxton, Tom Waits, Laurie Anderson, Arcade Fire and Bon Iver. The way he often imitates delay lines and distortion pedals with his saxophone has to be seen to believed.
New York trumpet player Jim Seeley is known for his work in Chico O'Farrill's Afro-Cuban Jazz Orchestra and the Arturo O'Farrill Afro-Latin Jazz Orchestra. He has also played and toured with Ray Charles and has collaborated with free jazz icon Lester Bowie and the Art Ensemble of Chicago.
Hosted by HPR's Don Gordon.
See a video of Colin Stetson.
- Artists of Imayō: An Exhibit…
- Lecture: La Bohème Preview
- Cultural Middle East Journey
- Shimmy Showcase 2016: Essence
- The Past as Future in Japane…
- Shimmy Showcase 2016: The Reveal
- Scratch Paper Sketch Comedy Show
- Music of Hawai‘i: Mango Season
- Haunted Hawaiian Nights 2016…
- Paniolo Roadhouse Opry
- Paul Schimmel | Lee Bontecou…
- Deb Aoki | Making a Living i…
- Japanese Painting and the We…
- Ryo Ide Piano Concert
- The Legend of Ko‘olau
- Kōjutsu: ʻFine Techniqueʻ in…