Music of Hawai‘i: Kuana Torres Kahele
Wednesday Sep 17 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Performance:
The Doris Duke Theatre and Honolulu Museum of Art welcome multiple Na Hoku Hanohano Award winning vocalist and musician Kuana Torres Kahale to his first performance in the theatre’s Music of Hawai’i series.
Kuana has seen major success as a founding member of Na Palapalai, as a solo act and as a producer. Kuana currently maintains his own Hawaiian Music & Culture School in Japan. He teaches in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka with over 200 combined students. He offers courses in voice, haku mele, mele hula, fresh lei making, ukulele and guitar. He is one of the most popular entertainers performing in Hawai‘i and Japan. He performs and teaches cultural workshops all over the world.
It is an honor to have him at our Music of Hawai’i series in between his recording and world touring.
General: $25 | Museum Members: $20
General: $45 | Museum Members: $40
- The Glades Project and Panel…
- From Pineapples to Pasties: …
- Pasties Across The Pacific: …
- The Hot Lava Hukilau | A Haw…
- Exhibition closing talk with…
- Healoha Johnston | Hawai‘i C…
- Music of Hawai‘i: Foreseeabl…
- Soirée Edith Piaf
- Shimmy Showcase 2015: Essence
- Shimmy Showcase 2015: The Reveal