Live Concert: Bollywood on Stage!
Sunday Jan 22 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Performance:
Part of the Bollywood Film Festival 2017
Aaja Nachle - Come Dance!
A joyful celebration of classical, folk and Bollywood rhythms
As part of our 10th anniversary celebration for the Bollywood Film Festival, Aaja Nachle Hawaii explores the dance forms that have influenced Indian cinema over the decades, from classical and folk to modern and even burlesque, through the interpretive storytelling tradition that is at its core. The spectacular performances will leave you with a hop in your step and joy in your heart!
Aaja Nachle, which in Hindi means “come, let's dance!” is O‘ahu’s only Bollywood and Indian folk dance group, founded in 2012 by Nada McClellan and Sai Bhatawadekar. The group is known for its energetic, joyful performances, which inspire everyone to move and be moved by the beauty and rhythm of the music. They choreograph Bollywood film songs, folk dances like Bhangra, Garba Raas, and Laavni, as well as fusion pieces with elements from classical and world dances.
Presale online: $25 │$20 museum members
At the door: $30 │$25 museum members
- Create and Destroy
- The Hawaii Sketch Comedy Fes…
- King Scorpion: A Phonetic Zo…
- Loscil in Concert
- Alexis Rockman in The Green Room
- Home Free: Aloha in Art, Alo…
- Lopaka Kapanui: Edge of Darkness
- The Late Bronze Age Eruption…
- Moʻolelo Storytelling Festiv…
- Gannenmono: Un Yamada and Taimane
- Aloha 'Āina: Statecraft of t…
- Evan Khay: The New Direct