• Appreciating the cultures and histories of our diverse communities
• Asking questions and drawing conclusions based on observation
• Engaging in historical inquiry
• Engaging in place-based learning
• Investigating the movement of people, goods, and ideas
The Lending Collection includes objects that are historically, culturally, and artistically significant tools, ceramics, clothing, currency, dolls, fiber arts, furniture, jewelry, masks, musical instruments, puppets, sculptures, textiles, baskets, toys, art reproductions, and more.
Bwinnin Ri-M̗ajel̗ / Marshallese Collection
The Lending Collection also houses many objects from the Marshall Islands, including stick charts, woven mats, necklaces, and belts. Use this bilingual website to explore these objects, and learn what they are made from, how they are made, and how they are used.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of information do you need help with?