January 29, 2016 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
See Harajuku: Tokyo Street Fashion and have happy sparkle time!
Presented by THE MODERN HONOLULU.
Recline + dine at THE MODERN
Become a museum member at the Supporting level or higher for a chance to win a one-night stay at THE MODERN HONOLULU—and gourmet bites in The Study.
Join or renew your Honolulu Museum of Art membership at the Supporting ($100) level or higher and you will automatically be entered into a drawing to win a one-night stay at THE MODERN HONOLULU and a $75 dining credit at The Study. Existing Basic ($25) level members may enter the contest by upgrading your membership to the Supporting level or higher. Contest starts on Jan. 4, 2016 and ends at ARTafterDARK on January 29, 2016, at 9pm. Winner will be announced on Friday, Feb. 5, 2016, by phone or email.
• Make sure you visit the Harajuku: Tokyo Street Fashion exhibition and participate in the Question Art activity.
• Meet and take photos with Misako Aoki, President of the Japan Lolita Association, in the exhibition gallery from 6:30-7:30pm. She will also have a book signing in the Museum Shop from 7:30-8:30pm.
• Hashtag Instagram posts with #ARTafterDARK and #MODERNharajuku and Hawaii Events Unlimited will instantly print them out. You'll automatically be entered to win these awesome experiences at THE MODERN HONOLULU: Bottle service for four at ADDICTION Nightclub • 50-minute treatement at The Spa • Cocktails and appetizers for four at The Study • Day Bed experience for four at the Sunrise Pool
• Take a mini-break with a five-minute massage provided by the spa at THE MODERN HONOLULU.
• Don't know how to create the Harajuku look? Have your makeup done by Motives-Hawaii.
• Free admission to the Addiction afterparty! All 21+ guests at ARTafterDARK guests on January 29 get FREE admission to Addiction Nightclub for that night only. You must keep your ARTafterDARK wristband on to get in.
• See a Harajuku-inspired fashion show with all original pieces of clothing and artwork created by local designers and artists. Produced by Indie Visual List.
• Chill out to the house beats from DJ Jem
• DJ Modular will be spinning his fun and energetic Jpop mixes.
Come in any Harajuku style and you could win big!
Step one: Take a photo of yourself in your outfit at ARTafterDARK: Kawaii Hawai‘i with Instagram.
Step two: In the caption field, tell us what Harajuku style you’re dressed up as. You must include the hashtags #MODERNharajuku and #ARTafterDARK, and tag @honolulumuseum.
• Winner of the grand prize will be announced on the Honolulu Museum of Art's Instagram on February 2, 2016.
• All photos submitted will become property of The MODERN and the Honolulu Museum of Art for usage in products or content.
FOOD + DRINK
Food provided by StreetGrindz and Musukawas. Beverages provided by Free Spirits Mobile Bartenders.
Taiwanese pork belly musubi
Nametake soybean musubi
Condiments for purchase:
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm