June 19, 2011 11:00am-03:00pm
Honolulu Academy of Arts
Bank of Hawaii Family Sunday event information
It's Father's Day! Bring Dad to the Academy for a day of fun related to his favorite ocean activities. Here's what's in store:
• Display of vintage surfboards and surf memorabliia
• Surfer and Triple Crown of Surfing director Randy Rarick will be on hand to sign autographs
• Learn about sound waves when AwaHoshi Kavan plays her crystal bowls. She will give a brief introduction on soundwaves—then you can lie down and experience the soothing sounds of the crystal bowls.
• Hawaii Goldfish + Koi Association is back! Play their fun fish game and win a baby koi!
• See the fantastic animated film Mia and the Migoo in the theater (admission: $3 adults, $1 children)
On the menu
Whole Foods Market Kahala is now the food vendor at Bank of Hawaii Family Sunday!
Here's what's on offer this Sunday:
Garlic butter shrimp kebab with kale salad
Macaroni 'n' cheese bowl
Milk 'n' cookies
11am to 5pm, activities end at 3pm
Congratulations to last month's contest winner, Lindsey Mau, 17 years old.
Kids (ages 1-17) can enter the monthly drawing contest. The Academy gives contestants a theme and drawing supplies. The winner receives a Family Level membership to the Honolulu Academy of Arts (worth $95), and his or her artwork is used to create the following month’s event brochure and is posted on the Academy website.