Beyond the Noise + EOS
Friday Aug 02 07:30 PM
Saturday Aug 03 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2019.
Surf and film collide in these cinematic sessions.
Beyond the Noise
Directed by Andrew Kaineder. 2018. Australia. 38 min.
Packed with jaw-dropping cinematography, Beyond the Noise follows two surfers who seek refuge in the vastness of the ocean, away from the deafening clamor of humankind.
Directed by William Armstrong. 2018. South Africa. 5 min.
Surfer Adam Voigt shares his tale of recovery in the ocean.
Directed by Bruce Muller. 2018. USA. 25 min.
An experimental surf narrative eight years in the making starring Kassia Meador. In a colossal city of a fragmented and chaotic resonance, a woman awakens from a prolonged stasis that has rendered her true nature unknown, and in parallel, incites an equivocal force setting her on a journey into the realms of Earth and self.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Thank You Mother
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…